Tuesday 14 May 2013

15mm DKoK Veteran Grenadiers finished.

Hi guys, the first squad of my 15mm DKoK army is done, I'm really happy with how these guys turned out, I'm undecided whether I should paint any numbers/markings on the shoulder armour, the dark red regimental facing colour on the turn backs/cuffs of the great coats will be duplicated on other squads and flags, this is the pallet of colours I will use for the army, except the Naval marines I plan on doing, I will substitute the fieldgrey with blue, and will give them sailors caps, the rest of the grunts will have picklehelms, all comments welcome.























7 comments:

  1. Lovely work Dan. The red facings do add a certain something, but the shade is right so that it doesn't look "wrong" with a drab uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tamsin, yeah I thought normal red would be to bright, I even think the bearskin cords are to red, but I will leave them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking they paint up even better Dan. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much into Sci-Fi, but I've been following this series of posts avidly. Your sculpting work on these makes them unique. You've painted them expertly and they really are special because of all of the custom work you've done on them. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work. The basing is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The conversions are original and "too good!!!!" Great job, Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys, the rough riders are coming along nicely, some pics soon.

    ReplyDelete